Park Place Bark

Sunday, February 12, 2012

New Smart ID dog tag!!

Another post already!? I know I know, I figure while I am on a roll and have information I should just keep it coming.

This is really quite brilliant I think. A friend of mine, Rachel, who also writes a dog related bog has found a terrific product. It's an I.D. tag for dogs but it's not just any I.D. tag, this one is fixed to the collar so it doesn't jingle AND it has a QR code. The tag still has your dogs name on it and a visible phone number but if you have a smart phone or a friend does that can read QR codes, you can find out the pooches profile. If you don't have a smart phone you can still access the info online. Why is this a GREAT idea? Your information isn't immediately visible for anyone and everyone to see, especially in case your dog's tag falls off. Plus, if your dog somehow gets lost, the chances of him/her being recovered is greater. Here is a link to my friend's review of the product and here is a link to PetHub, the company who makes the tag and stores the database of information. Brilliant! Thanks Rachel!

Also, I came across this great photographer, Seth Casteel who takes amazing dog photos. Some are under water (SO SO SO cool!) and others on land. Here's a teaser but check them out at this link.

Cheers!

No comments: